Monday, May 25, 2009

News

Well, I'm not sure who watches the news or doesn't, but there are two news pieces that I think people should know. Today, North Korea launched a nuclear bomb in the northern part of the country. People in South Korea are freaking out kind of and there have been riots in Seoul. BUT I thought I would let people know (if you read the news), that I'm not in Seoul, and I have seen no riots. Frankly I don't expect to see a riot in Bucheon. I just thought that you might see movies on T.V. or something of "Riots in South Korea" - but don't worry, I'm fine and I don't plan on partaking in said riots, even if I see one happening!

Next piece of news (equally as unhappy) - the swine flu has hit Bucheon. Apparently there are 5 foreign English teachers with it. They are new English teachers who caught the flu while still living in their home countries. We had a mini meeting about the situation at work today. I'm kind of paranoid, but that's just me and I'm always freaked out about germs and getting sick. It's a good thing that I never touch anything remotely dirty and I wash my hands constantly.

That's my post for the day. I'm sorry it's not a very happy one, but I thought I should share the news!

There is good news though - today I found out that in June I'm changing my classes - I'm getting rid of one of my least favourite ones, and getting one that Sarah says is really good. I'm happy about that. Also, one of my least favourite students dropped out of a different class of mine!

Alright, NOW that's all the news. lol.

Have a safe week!

1 comment:

  1. The rest of the world is watching North Korea.

    ReplyDelete