Thursday, December 4, 2008

Changdeokgung Palace

Today I had the day off. Sarah, Lindsay and I went to a place called Changdeokgung Palace in Seoul. It was really really nice. I took TONS of pictures. Here are a few of my favourites.




One of the courtyards














The main building












Some really nice colours and architecture of the roofs















A really serene place in the "Secret Garden"













Me with 2 of the ladies who worked in the gift shop. That is traditional Korean dress. Quite nice!






Anyway, I had a really good time, and I'm very happy I went. I like that kind of stuff. I plan on doing plenty more! In fact, this weekend we are going to a place called Myong Dong where there are plenty of places and things to see.
Can't wait!
For now I have to lesson plan for a bit and head to bed!
Thanks for tuning in!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian, I am enjoying your site, keep up the great info and pictures. This sounds more like a vacation than work, great fun. Don't go trying some of that food, didn't look to great. The fish on the rope??? Must head to bed as well.
    Enjoy your weekend
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third pic down is beautiful. I approve. Highly.

    I'm going to FB you on my next break- I have the funniest story to tell you, but totally unrelated to your little adventure, and possibly slightly inappropriate for the general public.

    Hope everything is well.

    ReplyDelete