Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pics from my bus tour of Seoul

Starting with the Seoul City Bus Tour, here are some pics!




We went to the Deoksugung (dah-soo-goong) palace



An interesting look at past vs. present



Me under the gate



A dragon thing adorning the steps up to the palace


The main building of the palace


Me in an archway of sorts



I liked the pillars.


Now we're at Namdaemun (nam-day-moon) Market. This is the foreign exchange centre! Secure? Maybe not. Koreans are very trustworthy people!



A nice fountain on the outside of the market. I think those things light up at night.



Then we went to the National Museum of Korea. Here is some of the art from there. It was a fantastic museum!











The main entrance hall of the museum.



The outside of the museum... the place is huge!



This is not on the bus tour, but I'm adding a few more pics just because. This is just outside of the Insa-dong market! A piano!



My favourite store! haha. I was surprised when I saw this!



One of the most amusing / puzzling things I've seen since I've been here!





Anyway, that is my update in terms of pictures.

Today is December 31st, and although the lunar new year is more of a big deal here than our new years, the foreigners and I are going to have a great time!!

We are going to a place somewhere in Seoul. I forget the actual name of the place. It's a district like Itaewon or Myung-dong, but I forget the name. It should be fun. It's 4:00pm now, and I still have to go to Emart for batteries, and some Soju!

Anyway, I wish you all a wonderful & safe new year! Stay over or take a cab! Remember! Arrive Alive! Alright, that's enough of "parent" Ian.

HAVE FUN TONIGHT!!!!!

K bye. Happy 2009!

1 comment:

  1. If I wired money to that foreign exchange booth do you think you'd get it????

    ReplyDelete