Saturday, January 17, 2009

This week...

Hello everyone! I haven't updated my blog this week, but it has been busy. I will give you a brief update now!

During the week was pretty usual, school, sleep, lesson planning. Friday night, Sarah and I went to EMart which was fun. I ended up buying Jenga and we played a bit. That was it for Friday, because we had a pretty busy Saturday.

On Saturday (yesterday) we had our first Korean class of the new year! I really enjoyed it! I met a bunch of new foriengers which was great! They are all American, so I will 'represent' our 'hood to the best of my ability. (Jill & Jay that 'hood bit was for you).

Anyway, I met people from: California, Minnesota, Oregon, North Carolina and Hawaii. It was pretty fun. After Korean class, we went back to Chinatown in Incheon, where I went before and took those pictures for this blog. It was nice. We did the same thing as before: restaurant, the park and the coffee shop.

Saturday night we went to a place called Nicolia's Cafe which was really charming. I really liked the atmosphere. We ate there, and ended up laying LIFE, and Cranium. (Life was the cafe's and Cranium was ours.) We played Cranium with James (Britain), Joel (Minnesota), and Kayla (I forget, but somewhere in the states). It was really fun. Joel and Kayla live in the apartment next to us. Very exciting! New foreign friends!

Anyway, today is Sunday and we are going back to Itaewon. I want to go to the foriegn food store that I went to last weekend after the bookstore. We are studying a Spanish unit in one of my classes. I am going to make a little bit of Spanish food for them for tomorrow! Should be fun!

Well, I have 7 more essays to mark, and this procrastination has gone on long enough! haha. Thanks for all of your comments, I really like reading them!!

See ya

5 comments:

  1. represent!! west side! thanks for the update :) we hadn't heard from you in a while!! nice talking to you today, make sure those essays are marked..(correctly)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can get a part time job at E-mart. Staff discount. I think it's your favourite store. I might have to come to Korea to shop at E-mart, go lobster fishing and watch `Dragon's Beard` being made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uncle I: This is Nico and I am at Grams for dinner tonight! I had some milk and treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ian,
    Glad you got some new friends, sounds like a fun weekend. Things have warmed up here a bit, we were able to go oustide today, well I had to go out all week to work but that was only 'cause I had to. We claim to have the longest skating rink on the river in the world,so we claim. It is longer than the one in Ottawa.
    Take care, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you all ready for your 4 day vacation? Sounds to me like you have been on vacation since you got there!

    KUNG HEI FAT CHOY 2009!!

    ReplyDelete