Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tickle me pink by tickling the ivories which tickles my fancy.

That title was a little 'out there'. I apologise.

I am ordering a piano. It's 399000 won which is $371 Canadian. I'm excited.

In other news, I asked my junior class to write letters to people I know in Canada. I based the people on who I didn't think would mind answering a letter from a student here, and people who often read my blog so they will know that I need their information! haha.

They have already written their letters, and I have them. There are several letters, but 3 of the people I don't have your e-mail addresses! Here are the people!

Kate (from Manitoba!)
Karen (Aunt that is.)
Erin K. (Steph's Aunt)

If I could ask you to please either ask for my e-mail address from someone who may know it (I don't want to post it on here), or you could comment on my blog with your e-mail address, and I will NOT publish the comment. Which means that I will get an e-mail with your comment and I have to approve it, so I would just write down your e-mail address and delete the comment before it gets put up on my blog. Either way I would appreciate it. Here are all the people to whom letters are going:
  • Aunt Karen
  • Steph
  • Steph's Aunt Erin
  • Mom
  • Dad
  • Jill
  • Melissa
  • Donna
  • Kate (Manitoba)
  • Phaedra

I hope all of those people are O.K. with writing a short 4-6 sentence response to the letters I send them through e-mail. It would be a great help and I think the kids would really like it!

For when you receive the letters in your e-mail, please reply in very simple English, these kids are JUST learning! lol. I will provide more details when the letters go out. Before then I need to figure out how I'm going to send the letters through e-mail. I am thinking of taking a picture of them and sending the picture through e-mail.

Anyway, I am going to go, I think this post doesn't follow any type of logic or sequence. I just realised that it has been quite spastic. Anyway, the big news is the piano. I shopped around at many different stores across Korea and the cheapest I could find was on the Emart website! haha, when all else fails just stick with what you know!

My supervisor has ordered it for me, and I should be getting it within a couple days!!!!!!!!!!! Living without a piano has been like someone chopped a leg off... i.e. very difficult to function! haha. Anyway, I'm not expecting the best for what I'm paying, but it will be better than nothing! I think it will be nice!!!

Alright, I think by the end of this pay period I'm going to be totally out of money! haha.

OH, this weekend I'm going to China. I don't know the last time I mentioned that in here, but that is what is happening. It is the lunar new year here, so it's a pretty big weekend. I am excited.

Alright, I will go now. I should already be in bed.

Bye!!

2 comments:

  1. I would think that living without a piano would be like someone chopped your arm off- not your leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought a piano?! That's awesome! What will you do with it when you come home/leave Korea to travel? Sell it? At least you will have it to play while you are there!

    I definitely do not mind answering a letter for you. :)

    Have fun in China!! Take lots of pictures!! Go climb the Great Wall!! (Well, one of them. It's actually a series of walls [I just learned that!]).

    ReplyDelete