Sunday, February 22, 2009

Week's happenings

Well, during the week it was pretty much the same old happenings. On Friday we celebrated Lindsay's birthday (happy birthday Lindsay) with cake at the school. That was pretty fun. Then we went out for dinner (the same place that had the octopus). We had something different this time. Instead of pork we had beef (because I have been kind of iffy with pork for a couple months now... re: food poisoning). It was fantastic.

On Saturday I had another Korean class which I'm still really really enjoying. I have to keep on top of my studies though, because it's a lot to take in / memorise on a weekly basis, but I think I can do it. Certain things stick with me every week. This week was how to ask where the washroom is. It's this: "Hwah-jahng-shiel Audi-ayo?" or 화장실 어디에요?

I also enabled the ability to type Korean on my computer.

After Korean class I went to get my first haircut in Korea. It was an experience. I didn't exactly know how to ask for what I wanted (I'm really picky), but it turned out ok. I was really nervous - I have been going to the same person to get my hair cut for like 8 years now. Anyway, I ended up pointing to a picture of Tom Cruise (one of three American actors in their magazine) and pointing at my head and saying "Chuseyo" (please). It worked. lol.

In case you're wondering, I had the choice between Tom Cruise, Richard Gere and some other person who had the hair style I wanted.

Sunday (today) I met Keri, who is a girl I took my TESL/TESOL course with a couple summers ago. She has been in Korea for a year already, and she has just returned to do another year contract. We went to an Indian restaurant in Itaewon which was ultimately delicious and made me want to go to India even more. My stomach hurts right now though because of the amount of spices. At the time I was eating up the sauce with a spoon (I couldn't get enough), but now I might be regretting that decision.

Oh, we also ended up finding ourselves in some type of sketchy alleyway store that sold fake / illegal Chanel bags. It was kind of fun. I feel like for something illegal, it isn't covered up very well... what with the people outside of it saying "fake bags" to everyone who walks by. Also, the fact that there were many other people inside shopping too. But you could tell by the setting of the store that it was definately illegal... you had to walk behind this curtain next to an abandoned restaurant... once again... sketchy is the only adjective I can think of right now that describes the whole ordeal.

Anyway, it's 12:12am now on Monday, and I suppose I should get to sleep now. I might go get a big bottle of water from the GS (slang for GS 25 - the convenience store at the corner), because I'm sick and I have to drink lots of water. I plan on sleeping until about noon tomorrow, so I should get at least 10 hours of sleep after I factor in a few episodes of the Golden Girls which, please don't make fun, I have been watching steadfastly, at least one episode a day, for about 10 months now. It's a hilariously spectacular show.

Alright, now that I've revealed that tidbit of info, I will retire for the night.

Have a good week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. well....hot sauce eh? wait til tomorrow! Boot Boot and I are at Grams. We used a program that read your blog aloud to us. Pretty cool. We Miss yah! Sounds like another great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boot Boot wasn't fooled though. SHE knew that wasn't really Uncle "I" talking. SHE can't read yet so it was nice for her to have Uncle tell a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about those places....behind the curtain past the abandoned restaurant down an alley in my spy, murder, espionage books! Did you take your BB gun with you? Safe.

    ReplyDelete