Monday, March 9, 2009

New month

Hello all! Well, the first week of March has gone by, and it has been a hectic one. Like I mentioned earlier, it's like prepping for the first month of teaching again. It's pretty tiring. I usually wake up around 9, walk to my computer, prep until 12, go to school, come home from school 10 hours later, and prep until I sleep. It's not a very good time. lol.

Anyway, speaking of computers, MINE BROKE. On a Monday... Anyway, my co-worker is going to try to fix it. Hopefully he can do that, because I'm LOST without my computer. I need it for lesson planning! Today I wrote my lesson plans out by hand and I wanted to put myself in the dryer and hit spin cycle. It took way longer than it had to. Anyway...

In other news, my new classes are alright, I just have to get used to them. They are generally much louder... MUCH louder than my last classes. Oh well. I remember my loudest class last term ended up being the quietest, and my favourite so maybe that will happen again.

SARAH BOUGHT A DOG!! It's really really cute and his name is Gogi. (Rhymes with Yogi ... the bear). I'm dog sitting him right now, because I get off work early on Mon., Wed,. Fri. now. I usually stay until 10, but today I left early to come see him. She got him yesterday and he's just about 7 weeks old. I can hold him in one hand. Right now he's sleeping on my lap and I'm typing this. He's really quite cute.

What else...

This weekend is my one supervisor Kevin's daughter's first birthday. Apparently it's a pretty big deal here in Korea. It's a time to have the family get together, and shower the baby with gifts. It's a little much in my opinion, because I doubt that the girl will remember, but I suppose it's tradition.

Alright, well Sarah just got back so we're going to play with the dog!! haha, and maybe a game of cranium, although I feel guilty for not having prepped yet tonight. oh dear.

I hope everyone is well!

OOH! Good news! Since I installed that counter on my blog, I have had 1600 views! Wooh!

k bye.

4 comments:

  1. Waiting to see a pic of Gogi on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gogi? does that translate to something in korean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, actually yes it does! It means "meat". It's a cute name, but Koreans might not understand when they see us calling a dog "meat" when we walk it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand either...but then I have a Korean name! Why would Sarah call the dog "meat?"

    ReplyDelete