Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Holidays

ah, the wonderful word that brings music to my ears, warmth to my heart, and sanity to my brain. I have 6 days of holidays that started on Wednesday. In those 6 days, I have some things to do - go into work and prep for the month of May, clean my apartment, go see a Beethoven concert tonight (SO excited), go to Japan.

I'm excited for the concert tonight. It's called Beethoven No. 3, so they're playing:
  • Overture to "Leonore" No.3 in C major op.72 b
  • Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor op. 37
  • Symphony No. 3 in Eb major "Eroica" Op. 55

Notice all the No. 3s. I saw the symphony played in Hamilton one year with my sister Melissa, she brought me as a gift, so it will be fun to hear it again. Plus, I studied the symphony in first year.

What else. Ah, Korean class is still good, it is getting difficult. We just learned future tense (which is alright, as long as I can memorise my verbs), and also how to say 'before I ______' and 'after I _________'. The goal is to be able to say something like "After I study, I will go." I think that one is this 공부한후에 저는 갈꺼에요. (Gohng boo han hway jahnun kal koiyo).

Just some practice there. Well, like I said, I am going to go into work and do some things for a few hours. I hope everyone is well at home.

Oh, speaking of health, the Swine Flu has maybe reached South Korea - as of yesterday, there was 1 suspected case, and today there are 5. So, it's spreading. It hasn't reached the same numbers as in North America though.

To everyone in Canada (and whoever else may read this blog), please be careful! Wash your hands every time you pass a sink! Carry One Step hand sanitiser with you!! If you've been out in public, don't touch your face afterwards if you haven't washed your hands. If you work in a school, or hospital or with lots of people in a small space, wash wash wash wash.

Alright, that's just my paranoia coming out for everyone to see! lol. I'm kind of worried, I hope this whole thing goes away. I usually dismiss the outbreaks as being unimportant to me, because they usually target different age ranges, but this one targets people who are perfectly healthy and between 20-45ish!

And I'm sure you know this already, but you can't get the disease from eating pork, so everyone keep eating pork because our poor farmers are freaking out because of the name "swine flu". They think it's bad for business. I think it's bad for the people dying from it, but that's just me. Alright, I should go.

Goodbye everyone, I will see if I can update once more before Japan on Saturday, but if I don't I will update when I get back!

Happy May everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Swine flu eh? Good thing Jay and I were in Mexico before that nonsense. Well, have a fantastic trip, take loads of pictures, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wash your hands!!! You really are sounding like me. I'm all about the hand washing!

    How was Beethoven?

    Have a fab time in Japan. Can't wait to hear all about it. Safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice that you are recommending that "everyone" eat pork....does that include you?
    Seems to me that your last encounter with pork left you in perhaps worse shape than if you were to become infected with the swine flu!

    ReplyDelete