Sunday, July 12, 2009

MUDFEST

Well, this last weekend I took a trip to a city called Boryeong. We went for a festival called "Mudfest". The whole idea is that there is a TON of mud, and everyone is expected to be covered in it. I opted out of that part of the festivities, and just relaxed on the beach... BUT there were so many people there that were covered in mud. I wasn't expecting such a huge crowd, but there were something like 1.5 million people that came as tourists!

The majority of them were foreigners. We went with a company called Adventure Korea. They run tours throughout Korea. We had 5 bus loads of us going just from our area!

I took some videos and some pictures, but I will be putting those up later, probably tonight. I have to work soon, so I can't put them up now.

Anyway, the weather cooperated for the first half of Saturday, but from Saturday evening until we left on Sunday evening, it was a MONSOOOOOON. The wind was SO strong that signs were blowing off of their posts, and pieces of the floor were ripping up and flying away. After we saw those things we definately decided to get indoors where things couldn't hit us!! Our poor $3 umbrellas that we bought didn't last too long, so we bought ponchos. Unfortunately, the wind was so strong that it ripped the ponchos, and we got drenched anyway.

It was VERY intense weather. It was like when I just posted a few days ago, but for a whole 24 hours. All of that aside, we did find a dry 10 minutes to go and ride elephants!! That was pretty fun. Actually, the whole weekend was fun!

Alright, that's my story of this weekend. buhbye.

1 comment:

  1. Monsoons and mudfest. Quite a combo. You could get muddy and then wash it off!

    ReplyDelete