Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sarah and Mark's last day

Well, the time has come. Sarah and Mark just worked their last day. It is going to be really hard to watch them go. They were both really nice and they became great friends. I hope to see them again next spring when Mark gets married to Jenn, also another great person I met in Korea.

It's going to be a big change in terms of the working environment just because we're getting so many new people in such a short time. It will be different, and I hope I'll adjust well.

We're going to go out tonight to celebrate with a nice dinner (at the place I got food poisoning), but I won't get what I ate that gave me food poisoning! Come to think of it, it was Sarah's birthday dinner that I got sick from! haha. That was a really long time ago.

It seems like it has come so fast, but we've known all along that it would happen, and when it would happen. I'll miss them very much and I'll always be very thankful for how much they helped me adapt to a new country and a new lifestyle. I would have been lost without the help from them and the other teachers.

Tomorrow I will go to Jeju island with Lindsay. I'm really excited! We haven't had a vacation for a while, and this one will be fun. I wanted to go to Jeju since I got here. Originally I planned to go to Thailand or Cambodia for this vacation, but it was too expensive, so we'll just go to Jeju and enjoy our time off!

Dinner is soon, so let me just put up a few memorable pictures (I only have pictures of Sarah though. Mark is very elusive when it comes to pictures!)

2 comments:

  1. I love the last picture. Give Sarah a big hug from us and wish her the very best....and Gogi!
    What a great girl-always smiling. Hope to see her again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian you now get the chance to pass on the knowledge you received from your friends to the newbies that will be joining you. Remember how you felt those first few weeks they will be feeling the same way you did many months ago. Enjoy you trip and and as always lots of pictures to share with us at home.

    ReplyDelete