Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pictures from Jeju!!! (and one video)

Well here are the pictures from my trip to Jeju! Today I went to a really nice palace called Suwon Fortress. They had a temple there as well, and we got some great pictures. Anyway, I will put those pictures up later, so everyone can have a chance to see these ones first.

Here's what we did in Jeju:

Day 1 - we got to the hotel ok, and went out for lunch. We had 'kimchi chigae' (김치 치게) which was quite delicious. It's like a soup with a bunch of stuff in it and kimchi. Then we went to the water which, sadly, wasn't a beach. That's ok though. It had a nice pier that we walked to the end of. After that we saw a carnival that was just kind of in the middle of no where, so we went and I got in a small dragon thing. It was quite difficult to get OUT of that small dragon thing. Then we got McDonalds, and headed back to our hotel.

Day 2 - Early start at 8! The hotel had a great breakfast!! ooh, toast and eggs is something that I haven't had in a LONG time. Maybe since China in January. It was delicious. The first thing we did was go to a glass museum which was filled with everything glass from the trees outside to the washrooms (thankfully they were more like 2 way mirrors!). Again, we got good pictures. After the glass museum, we went to an acrobat show kind of like the one we saw in China. It was really cool! At the end, they had 7 motorcycles in a giant ball driving around like crazy people. I have a video of it when it had 2 motorcycles in it, and then Lindsay took over because my camera died and she has the video with 5 of them in there. It was fun! I have a video of the acrobats doing there thing, which you can see here! After that (my camera died so now I'm relying on my memory) we went to a tea house where they grow and harvest tea - there were fields and fields of tea and we took pictures. We went to some kind of orange farm (oranges are famous in Jeju), and then we went on a boat ride which was a nice 1 hour tour of one side of the island. After that we headed back to the hotel and had dinner. We met this guy on our tour who was from America, but he could speak perfect Korean so we invited him out with us that night. We met up at he brought us to city hall area where we found a restaurant, and ate / drank. It was fun. Oh, this guy has family that lives in Jeju and up in mainland Korea as well. In fact, his uncle is the mayor of Jeju City, so he knows it pretty well.

Day 3 - we had another early morning (but this time we got up earlier to have a bigger breakfast because it was so good). We went to an elephant show (the title was "Welcome to Elephant"), and then to this juice factory thing which was pretty weird. They talked to us for a while, and gave us juice that is crazy because it's $300 for a box. Anyway, we left there quickly. After that we went to this place where we rode on horses. I was pretty excited for it before it happened, but once I got on the thing I was absolutely terrified!! I'm glad to say I've done it, but that's probably the last time I'll do it. Then we went to a really nice place with rocks and the ocean and everything and got some scenic pictures there too.

That's all I remember, but I will look at Lindsay's pictures when we've traded them and write more or add more pictures!
























1 comment:

  1. A couple of things- What do you mean about the two way mirrors in the washrooms at the glass museum??
    You look bigger than the horse! Why do you have the bullet proof vest on? And by the way, nice hats!
    My favourite pic is you on the rocks with the frothy water in the background.
    Vacation is over for you now. Great memories...

    ReplyDelete