Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Swine flu returns

Alright, I don't want to make anyone panic, but the swine flu has returned, apparently with a vengeance. I'm not sure exactly how many, but I think 3 schools have been shut down in my area because of the swine flu. Of course, being a private school, we will be the last to shut down if we actually do. I think the only reason we'd be shut down is if we have a student who has swine flu and they attended a class while they had it.

As of now, there are several students missing from our classes either because they go to a school that has been closed, or they are sick and are just being safe.

The unfortunate thing is, I'm sick. It just started yesterday. I have a runny nose and a sore throat and gross stuff is in my throat. Now, I haven't gotten sick (throw up) and I don't have a fever or anything, so I think I'm in the clear! If it lasts until Friday, I'll go to the clinic on my way to the bank because they're next to each other.

In happier, less infectious news, I have 3 countdowns in progress!
  • In 5 days, I will reach my 8 month mark,
  • In 13 days, I will be in Jeju Island with Lindsay, and
  • In 18 days, my friend from Belgium is coming for a month-long visit!
I like to have countdowns, and if I may be so bold, I will start counting down until my last day of teaching which is going to happen in 96 teaching days!! haha, Ok, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but I can start early!

If I'm not mistaken, I started a countdown to my parent's visit at 70 something days. My sister is coming in 78 days.

All of these countdowns!!

Last night I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It was AMAZING. It is my favourite movie now of the series. The graphics and everything were sooooo good. They made it really serious, but funny at the same time because all of the characters are starting to develop feelings for each other. Anyway, it was really sad a couple times, but I won't say anything here, because I know that some people haven't seen the movie yet, and they haven't read the books either. So. All I can say is... GO WATCH IT. It was amazing.

The new season of Big Brother has started again. Of all the trashy reality shows on T.V., that is the one that I am addicted to. The season is good. They have this theme where each person is playing as a popular high school clique. It sounds kind of stupid, but it changes the game a lot because each clique has immunity if one of its members holds the power of HOH. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I will stop my Big Brother rant at this time.

Well, that is all my news for today. I will probably update at some point during the weekend.

Have a great last half of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Half Blood Prince *was* good, wasn't it????

    I loved the way they filmed it, the colours all desaturated and the really dramatic lighting. It was a bit film-noir-esque.

    ReplyDelete