Saturday, July 18, 2009

The weekend

Well, the weekend has been fun. It is Saturday night now. Today we went to Kevin's house (my old supervisor) for a sort of goodbye dinner for Sarah and Mark. Mark didn't go, so really it was a goodbye dinner for Sarah. It was really nice to see Kevin and his wife again, and his son took quite a liking to me. He showed me his lego, his books and his electric piano. He was very proud. He knows quite a lot of English for being 2 years and 9 months!

We had a fantastic dinner. Bread, salad, pasta and chicken. It was really delicious. They are really nice people. Kevin's wife is also really good at speaking English. Last night we went out. I wanted to not come home too late, because I'm sick and I need rest, but we definately came home when the sun came up. Sigh. Anyway, Lindsay and I went out to this place above our beloved Galbi place. It's kind of a bar, restaurant type thing. We had great french fries with cheese on them. I had wanted bar food for a long time before we went out, so I was happy. After we left there, we went to the park and sat in the band shell and talked. It was such a nice night. The kind where it's breezy, and not too hot. There weren't any bugs either. Quite nice.

Then this delivery guy came around with his motorcycle and stopped in front of us. We started talking, and then magically like 6 of his friends showed up. They couldn't speak much English, and I couldn't speak much Korean, but we hung out for a good 3 hours! That's mainly why we came home when the sun came up. We went with our new Korean friends to Noraebang (Kareoke), which was fun, but both Lindsay and I didn't know how to sing their songs, and they didn't know ours. It was fun anyway.

We left Noraebang early and went home. It was a fun night. I was really tired today. I think I slept until like 3 or 4! What a waste of a Saturday! Anyway, I just got back from that fantastic dinner, so that was nice. Tonight I will probably watch a movie or something, and have a relaxing night. I wasn't supposed to go out last night - I must get better! I'm starting to get better anyway, I have a runny nose still, but nothing too serious. Oh look, it's midnight. I suppose it's officially Sunday then!

Sunday I'm not sure what we're doing, but I suggested to Lindsay that we go to New York Fries and get poutine!!! Sarah will meet up with her birth family, it will be the last time she sees them until she comes to Korea next. I am happy that I got to meet them. They're really nice.

Speaking of Sarah and Mark, they are leaving so soon. They have to move out of their apartments in one week! That's crazy! It will be very different when they're gone. When Lindsay leaves at the end of August, I will be the only one left of the original 5 teachers. It will be different, but I think that the new people will be nice. Like I said before, I can bond with them because we're all in the same boat - in a new country teaching English and having different adventures. The one guy who is coming is Korean. He is from New York, and he's a music major so that's exciting for me. I wonder how often we'll get side tracked and start talking about music theory or something. I bet the other teachers would be quite bored!

Alright, I will go now. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. A going away party for Mark and Sarah and Mark didn't go...Hmmm-interesting. I loved reading this blog because I "know" Sarah and I met Mark and Kevin-his wife and child. Also I "know" Lindsay. I can quite understand how much you will miss everyone. Sure sounds like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete