Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunday

Sunday was quite a fun day. We went to the kimchi museum!! Yes, there is such a thing. It was actually really interesting! There are apparently 80 different kinds of kimchi! There is special kimchi for young people, old people and even dead people! Yes, you heard me... they prepare kimchi to be presented at the graves of ancestors!

Well, obviously my favourite part of the museum would be the tasting room. That was quite magical. They only had 4 types of kimchi to taste, but hey, I enjoyed it anyway.

After that we went to a really nice temple. Unlike some of the other temples I have been to, this one was being used at the time I visited it! There were monks playing a huge drum and ringing a really big bell. It was really cool to see. Also at this temple was the tallest statue of Buddha in all of Korea and it's 23 metres tall.

Now it's the new week again. I'm excited because as of Thursday, I am NO LONGER WORKING OVER TIME!!!!!!!! That's very good because I've been working over time now for 4 months. It has been a long 4 months, but it's over now so that is good. I am also getting rid of one of my most challenging classes behaviorally. That is a wonderful thing.

From what I remember, I am teaching Junior 1 (my favourite class), 2 science classes (which are a lot of work, but also a lot of fun), a senior level class (which I've taught now for 6 months), and a random level that's just mashed in there between the last level of junior classes and the first level of senior classes.

So, I'm looking forward to starting this new schedule because it means more sleep and less stress!! I think that is all of the news for now. In 2 days, Melissa will be coming in 5 weeks! That's exciting! I am looking forward to showing her such a different part of the world!

O.K. I will go now, finish my coffee and head to work. Here are some pictures from Sunday's adventures!








1 comment: