Friday, September 25, 2009

Good times in Korea

Well, as the title suggests, I'm prepared for good times here. First, it's the weekend, and that's automatically a good thing. Second, tonight I will go to a Beethoven concert. They are playing his 6th symphony which is one of his only works of 'program music'. That means that the music is supposed to depict an image in your head when you listen to it - this one is all about nature - there are 5 movements - the first is him arriving in the country side, the second is a calm soothing something or other, I think the 3rd one is the storm, or maybe the 4th... then the 5th is the calm after the storm and the happiness of being one with nature.

It's a good thing I read up on it before I wrote this post! Anyway, before I go to that concert, I will be going to a palace. It's not a famous one, so I imagine it's quite small (and hopefully free to get into!!!). I will take pictures there, so that will be nice.

The other reason that I'm really happy is this - after the weekend is over, I have 3 days of work until another weekend! Yes, that's right - it's a 3 day work week! We get Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of next week OFF!!! So that means even the week after that is only 4 days!!!!!

On top of that, Melissa is coming for her visit on the Friday of next week (during the holiday), so I can pick her up from the airport directly, rather than having her spend $60 on a cab, she can spend $4 on the bus with me!

Such excitement.

The final exciting thing is this - Steph (my best friend back home)'s sister Mary is 9 months pregnant, and we think the baby will come any time now! She has dialated 3 centimetres, but that's all I know for now. I hope little Jacob comes soon! I want to see pictures! I'm so excited to see him when I get home, I will be his favourite not-really-part-of-the-family-uncle-but-we-still-call-him-uncle!

Something else exciting (although not in my life), is that my parents and my Uncle Richard and Aunt Karen are going on a fantastic trip to Greece and Turkey and maybe other places that I don't remember on Sunday. That sounds like an amazing trip!

Alright, that's all my exciting news for now! I feel like the next few weeks will be really good ones.

3 comments:

  1. Italy....Naples/Capri and Pomeii!!!
    Such an exciting time in your life. Melissa bought an I-Pod and is downloading music right now. We are getting ready to go to G and G's for the birthday dinner! I am delivering his birthday gift from you that you sent back with me in April!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian hope you had fun at your concert. We have one stop in Naples the only other part of Italy we see is the airport! Uncle is still not packed but it's only Sunday morning and we don't leave till late this afternoon. I have been packed for 2 days now so my clothes will be good and wrinkled! Will look forward to seeing the pictures of you and Mel hanging out. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you get a 5 day weekend?! Thats awesome!! How'd you manage that? Got any fun plans?
    Miss you lots and lots

    ReplyDelete