Thursday, November 19, 2009

Freitag

That would be Friday in German. I got my hands on an audio book version of the first Harry Potter book, but in German. (Harry Potter und der Stein Der Weisen), and I listened to it last night while I was sleeping. I think that if I listen to German while I sleep, I'll magically become fluent! lol.

Right well, it's Friday and since it's the 20th of November, it's been a year since I left to come to Korea. Tomorrow, it will have been 1 year since I got here though.

Today I have an open class with parents coming. I will bring my camera today to school because I want to take pictures with my classes.

I got 2 gifts yesterday from students who I've been teaching almost the whole time I was here. One is David and one is Anna, and they are brother and sister. It was really nice. David gave me a pencil, and Anna gave me a mug. I always comment on David's pencils in class, and he tells me that they are 9000 won. I give him a hard time and tease him by saying that I don't believe him, but every day I still say it's a nice pencil. He bought me one! It was really nice because I wasn't expecting anything from anyone!

I had Soondubu last night. I have my food schedule planned out from next Tuesday to Thursday. Tuesday night I am having soondubu, Wednesday night is Galbi. For lunch, I have to get to the pasta place that I like, and probably one more visit to Hyundai Department store.

I can hear the soondubu ladies getting things ready for today outside the window. They always put some kind of oyster or shelled thing onto this metal pan outside and it's really loud. Anyway, they do it just after 10 and that's when I wake up so it's ok.

This weekend I'll be meeting up with Howon for one last time before I go (my Korean friend), and Saturday I'll be going to Hongdae. Sunday I'm meeting with Jenny for dinner and I'll be packing that night also.

After that, I'm all set to go and I'll have said goodbye to everyone! I proposed a work dinner on Monday night that I hope everyone remembers about, but I'll remind them today just in case.

That's my story. I'll update soon!

1 comment:

  1. You should pack before you go out with Jenny!!! If you wait till after you might not have time. LOL

    ReplyDelete