Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tosel tests

Well, today we have TOSEL tests at school which is amazing because it basically means that I get to sit down and do nothing for an hour. It's happening again tomorrow, so that's nice. TOSEL is a test that the kids do that has listening, reading and writing components and it assesses their abilities in English. The school kind of uses it as a placement test to see which kids should be in which class.

I guess the swine flu vaccine has made it here. My students have been telling me that they've got the needles which is good. That means that my chances of getting it are far lower. I was kind of worried because I work with children every day and children have a tendency to be dirty. Example: Soohan saw a kid at the urinal and eating a hamburger at the same time the other day.

They're still being cautious though, they are taking all the student's temperatures before they are allowed to come in to class. That's a good thing too.

I hear that the vaccine for it at home isn't available to everyone yet. I sure hope it's available to me when I get home in 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS!!! These things scare me a bit. I'll just keep far from the students and remain germophobic until I come home.

It has warmed up again since Monday. It was really cold Monday and Tuesday, but now the temperature is 17 so that's nice. I kind of wanted it to snow on Monday because it would be nice to have one snow fall before I went home. I saw some pictures from Canada on the weather network that showed the people in Northern Ontario having a white halloween! I remember 2 years ago on Halloween in North Bay it snowed.

Alright, that's all for today. I will be going away for the weekend (Jenny's hometown) so if I don't update tomorrow then I'll update on Monday with pictures from the weekend.

Buh bye

3 comments:

  1. People are lining up for hours to get the flu shot here. It's always on the news. Went to Melissa's last night and saw all her pics. They are so cool! Some of them are in sepia. They are really nice. Also, she showed me her name stamp. I'd like one. Perhaps a Christmas present?? Dragon's beard and a name stamp. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the shot for Arielle. It was about an hour process end to end. The line-ups have waned this week. Young kids have to get the shot twice (they are only given 1/2 doses) 3 weeks apart. I couldn't get the shot as I'm not high risk but I will definitely get it once its available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I hope we all get it when we can. I'm happy that Arielle got out to get it! My boss told me that all of the kids will have gotten in by next Wednesday at school. Although it's not free here, it's 15,000 won (about $15).

    ReplyDelete