Monday, November 16, 2009

The weekend / new week

Well, the weekend was quite fun. I did lots of things. On Saturday, I went to Charles' wedding (congratulations), and after that I went to Suwon to meet up with Jenny and her new co-worker named Ryan. We went to a temple (one of Jenny's favourite things to do) and just looked around for a pretty short time. After that, we said bye to Ryan. Jenny and I both agreed that it was right time for a good nap, so we slept for about an hour before heading out for the night!

We went to a place called Alley Pub (I went there on my birthday with Melissa, but a different Alley Pub). It was fun, but most importantly - IT SNOWED!!! It has been really cold here lately, and Jenny said that it is really strange for it to be snowing so early in Korea, usually it waits until December or January to snow but alas, my wishes came true. I wanted it to snow once before I left again.

After the Alley Pub, we went to Noraebang (Karaoke), and then we went home.

Sunday I went to Itaewon and met up with Keri. We had a most delicious Indian buffet in one of the many alleyways in Itaewon. I bought 2 scarves ($10 each) and headed home. It was a good weekend.

To finish it all off, the last subway I took home on Sunday evening was all decorated for fall! It was wonderful! There were garlands of colourful leaves and gourds and melons and things hanging from the ceiling! I'll attach a picture of that here too.

Yesterday we were supposed to get our new teacher in. (The teacher who will be taking over my spot). Well, he came in... for about 5 minutes. Our supervisor Uni walked in the teacher's room and said, "Ian this is our new teacher". So I turned around and politely said "hello", but those manners were short lived. He said, "Hello. There has been a problem. I have an interview back home. I won't be able to take the job starting in December. I realize that this puts you in a difficult situation".

I thought, "A little bit. Now we have about 70 students who will have no teacher in a week's time".

So, Charles is on his honeymoon for a week. We couldn't call him. Uni tried to call the head office, but they were on their lunch break! It was really stressful for her and to a certain extent I felt stressed too.

Luckily, there is a teacher right now that is doing training in Seoul and he'll come a week late, but that's better than nothing. This new teacher (Jason I think) will come next Monday and observe my classes for Monday and Tuesday. He will begin to teach on Wednesday. It's all very rushed if you ask me, but the first teacher didn't leave us a choice.

Anyway, I'm happy because I don't have to be observed this week by a new teacher. Oh, but I have one more open class and that is on Friday. They will be observing my Junior 1 class. In case you don't remember, an open class is when parents come in to watch their children. I'm pretty sure it's a time they can see what the teacher is like too. I'm not worried this time though, because this class is really really smart.

Alright, I'll go now. It's time I drink my daily coffee and study a bit of German. I think today I will be able to finish unit 3! That means one more unit until I'm 33% finished the whole course!

I will leave you all with some pictures, and another countdown...

ONE WEEK UNTIL I'M DONE TEACHING!










1 comment:

  1. The bride looks BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW. She looks like a porcelain doll. The cake is also spectatular- as is the alter. I'm sure is was a great day. Nice to be a part of it.

    SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete