Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sight seeing / E Mart solo mission

Alright. Today is Sunday, and it was a day off for me. It's only 12:51pm, so my day is only half over. I got up nice and early today. I went for a little walk today to E Mart, and I took a round-about way back home. I came across some nice picture opportunities.

I also braved a trip to E Mart on my own. It was much less busy today than yesterday. I didn't venture down to the grocery floor, but I discovered the first two floors. They had almost everything we have here! The containers all look the same, but the language on the labelling is different. It is pretty interesting. I bought an alarm clock, paper towels, a beach towel (I've been using tiny little towels after showers), and a cup for the washroom to hold my tooth brush and tooth paste.

Here are the pictures from today (thus far...)


Tony the tiger! This is what I have been having for breakfast

E Mart!
Another view of E Mart just down the street a bit, looking up at the sign.
A sculpture in front of E mart
Another sculpture at the other end of E Mart
This confused me the first time I stepped on it. It was VERY busy the first time I was on it, so I just looked at the front part. I stepped on, expecting it to descend and form into steps. That didn't happen!
It's a ramp that is used by shopping carts! Very smart. If I was there alone I would stand on the back of the shopping cart and ride the ramp down!
I wonder if you get in trouble for that...
The Hyundai Department store. It's very very big. Probably around 4 or 5 levels, but I have only explored the first of those. They have a burberry store there. My goal is to make enough money over the year to justify buying either a tie or a scarf!
Entrance to a pedestrian only section. There is a significant amount of litter everywhere. I have a few theories on this. There is a severe lack of public garbage cans. The reason for that is that you need to buy special garbage bags - ones that have your area of the city printed on it. I suppose the city doesn't fund the purchase of these bags, or doesn't want to have recycling mixed with garbage. (That's a big no-no here too).
This is a pool hall. The national symbol for a billiard hall is a red, blue and green ball next to each other. There are several of these around. They are very popular.
Also a popular practice is parking on the corner of intersections. I've seen this a lot. Sometimes people will park perpendicular to this van's direction and fit up to 3 cars on the corner!!
As I mentioned above, It is only 1:16pm. I will be going out later with my camera. I'm sure I will get more pictures!! Keep checking and commenting!
Oh, to comment, go to the bottom of the post, and select the option that says Name/URL. You fill in your name (The URL field can remain blank). Then click submit. Your comment will be posted once it's approved by me! It's that easy!
Keep in touch,
Ian

3 comments:

  1. yo yo check dis out guy. diggity diggity diggity no doubt. SAFE! one time on the west side. good luck ian Pause NOT! anyways....
    what's happening? I love reading your blog! Sweet pics too! We miss you! Can't wait to talk to you tonight!! Love yah !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Karen phoned tonight and said she tried to comment on your blog yesterday and wasn't sure if she sent it right. This is a test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should send instructions to your contacts on what to do to post a comment...

    ReplyDelete