Saturday, December 20, 2008

My second trip to Myung-dong

This weekend, we headed back to the crowded streets of Myung-dong. It was just as exciting as last time, and quite frankly just as cold as well.

Good news! I used Sarah's camera to take a video of the process of making Dragon's Beard. I'll explain it first because you might not be able to understand the Korean accent! lol.

They start with a solid block of honey, and then slowly stretch it into 2, then 4, then 8 ... all the way to 16384 strings of honey! To prevent it from sticking, they dip it into starch or some kind of flour mixture every time they twist it. Once that step is done, they fill it with different kinds of nuts. I got a box of peanut.

Anyway, please enjoy the video of Dragon's Beard Being Made from a Block of Honey!

Hopefully I will be able to take more videos, as I know they're much more exciting than pictures! I also took some pictures at Myung-dong today, but they were not as exciting as the video.

Alright, folks have a great weekend! If you're in Canada, hopefully you didn't get locked indoors from that storm!!

Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Looks good enough to eat. Hopefully you will be fully versed in how to make these by the time you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dragon's Beard...That video is sooo cool. It looks like a magic trick the way it keeps multipying. Quite a cultural experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the video. Felt like I was there with you. Seems the guys making the candy have quite a routine going! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete