Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Seoul Land"

Well I had an eventful weekend that I thought was going to be average!

I was asked if I wanted to go to Seoul Land on Saturday. Not really knowing what that meant, I said "sure". We arrived at Seoul Grand Park (which is a subway station so it's quite easy to find) to see a huge open space with mountains all around. It was soooo refreshing not to see tall buildings and to be able to feel like you weren't a sardine squished in a can!

We walked up to a big building and purchased tickets for something and before I knew it, we had gone on a tram car, a ski lift and found ourselves at a zoo! We saw tigers, lions, leopards, pumas, coyotes, otters and I forget what else. But it was really fun. It was rather cold yesterday though. After the zoo we split into 2 groups - Lindsay and Jenny went to the art museum, and Sarah and I went to the amusement park! We had time to ride 2 roller coasters, which were kind of different here (a.k.a. not as scary/fun), but I had a really good time anyway.

After that we went to a restaurant by the Yongsan station called "Amigo's" it was VERY good. I could eat that every day. I had a baked spaghetti and cheese and chicken thing. Very very tasty.

Then we played cranium for a few hours! It was a fun weekend!

My camera died as soon as I got to the zoo, so I will have to steal pics from Lindsay and Sarah's cameras. I think Sarah did most of the picture taking though, so I'll have to get her camera A.S.A.P.!

I started to teach again. My first day back was Friday, so I had to teach one day and it was the weekend again. Teaching was just as I remembered, a little tiring, frustrating etc. but I brushed off those feelings as my usual "beginning of the week slump". I have noticed that around Tuesday/Wednesday I feel not very enthusiastic about teaching. Then when Thursday and Friday hit it's close to the weekend, and I get excited to do touristy things and I enjoy the fact that I'm way over in Korea!

Alright, well here I am wasting my Sunday! I think I might go for a walk somewhere today. I'll have to see where my legs carry me!

3 comments:

  1. sup?? I think everyone feels the beginning of the week slump! cranium is a great game. I am really good at spelling words backwards on the first try! Good to "see" you this am! Miss yah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For you it might be a wasted Sunday but for those of us excited to read your blogs we thank you for wasting your time on us!! A zoo on a mountain...sounds like fun. How was the view from the top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The view was nice, you couldn't see very far, but when you were on the ski lift thing you could see all the way around the park. It was very nice.

    Alright... back to lesson planning...

    ReplyDelete