Friday, February 6, 2009

All things Korean

Well, this is just an update post. This last week was pretty average. After returning from China, I cleaned my apartment like it was no one's business. I assaulted the cleaning supplies and as a result I will have to buy more. I think it took me 3 hours or so to clean the various crannies and nooks. The China video is almost ready, I just have to find some more music for it.

This weekend I am going to see RENT which happens to be one of my favourite musicals. It's going to be in Korean, so that should be interesing. I want to know what 525600 minutes is in Korean. I think it is "oh-ship-man-oh-chun-yug-beyk" minutes. But I could be totally off.

Sunday we are going to Seoul Tower which should be fun.

In other news, I am really liking my piano. I have been practicing it every day and I am learning a new sonata (Mozart K309 in C). I think it is more my level than the last 3 or 4 sonatas that I've tried to learn. Mostly I try to take on things that are too difficult for me. Especially sonatas. (The expositions are always deceivingly easy, then you turn the page and the development and recapitulation slap you in the face.. especially because the bridge and the second theme are all messed up... "Oh no, I have to stay in the tonic! I can't migrate to the dominant again!")

Sorry about that music lingo for those of you who don't know / care! haha. But I know those of you who have ever learned a sonata will understand.

hmm.. what else. Ah. tying in my post title - I have Korean class tomorrow. I am really enjoying it. I am getting quite fast at reading things now. It just took practice. Now I can almost keep up with other people who have been here for longer than me. The more I practice the better I will get though. I find myself constantly reading signs outside, and notices that are posted around just to get the practice.

The weather here has been wonderful. I think this weekend it is supposed to go up to 15C. That is amazing, considering I just got a message from my family saying that in the past week the wind chill dipped down to -31C. That sucks.

I bought chocolate ice cream from the store today which was pretty much the best thing ever.

I have started to iron my shirts every day before work.

My feet are cold.

This post started as an update, but now my ADD mind has taken over and I think my fingers are moving on auto-pilot as I look at other things and think of other things. Alright, it's late and I have class tomorrow morning. I should sleep!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I never run into those difficulties playing the radio...or the spoons! Have a good weekend! Looking forward to the pics from/of Seoul Tower. P.S. Jill said she liked the way you said your place was so cleaned up. She could no longer see the couch for all the stuff on it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete