Monday, July 6, 2009

July thus far

Well, it's July, and it's still hot! But I've been managing with my air conditioner! Anyway, work is going well. We get paid this Friday which will be magnificent. I will send home money again this pay cheque. I think it's quite a good plan... perhaps one that I should have been doing since I got here, but I was going on too many trips! Speaking of trips, my Jeju island trip is just around the corner, I think it's in 3 weeks today! Maybe tomorrow.

I have been thinking about options when I get home, and some of them are quite appealing. I was looking into this program called SWAP. It is kind of an exchange program where you travel on a working visa. This is part of my plan B. I guess I could mention my plan A first!

My plan A is to work at Tim Hortons right when I get home. I'll apply to a bunch of jobs right away and if I don't get a job that I want within about 5 or 6 months, I will go ahead with plan B.

Anyway, I know a person who did Swap twice in the past, both times to Ireland. I haven't done much research about this, but it's a potential plan B. (Especially because it would allow me to work in Germany which is what I originally wanted to do before I came to Korea!!)

You have to pay for Swap, but I think paying a small amount is better than blindly going over and asking for a job.

That's my story about my life, now about other peoples'...

Sarah and Mark are leaving very soon, which I'm not too happy about. I hope the new people are good, but I don't think anything could match the chemistry that the original 5 of us had together. We recently got a new teacher (about 2 months ago now), and he's great, so hopefully we keep getting good people to join the team.

One month after Sarah and Mark leave, Lindsay leaves. That will be tough I think. That will be 3 people gone within like 5 weeks! That's nuts! I'm sure everything will be fine, because if you come overseas to teach English I suppose you have to have something in common, and that can lead to becoming friends.

Today I saw in the news that an O.P.P. officer was killed in a car accident outside of London, Ontario. I was scared because my cousin and his wife are both O.P.P. officers (although admittedly I ALWAYS forget where). It said there were 2 officers in the car, and one is now in the hospital in critical condition. It's not my cousin or his wife, but I'm sure they're affected in some way or another, so my thoughts are with them.

I figured out today kind of in my sleep that I have been here for about 30 weeks now! Kind of a milestone I suppose! That means that I have 19 weeks left. I'm not sure why it adds up to 49, but maybe I'm adding wrong. Anyway, roughly that's what I have left to go.

Alright, I am going to go have my daily coffee and what not. Well, I've already had one, I'll go have another.

Hope everyone across the globe is enjoying their summer! (Unless of course you're from the Southern Hemisphere, in which case, have a good winter!) haha...

1 comment:

  1. So, I am reading this blog on the 17th for the first time. Nice to know about your plans! As for Aunt's comment...do you know what she's talking about??

    ReplyDelete