Saturday, September 12, 2009

The next weekend in Sept

Well, this weekend was supposed to be cultural, but really it was an "Ian, you should sleep" weekend. So, I slept quite a bit which was nice. Yesterday Soohan and I went to Itaewon with Howon and his girlfriend. It was their first time going there, so that was fun. Howon is my Korean friend. It was funny taking a Korean to sight-see in Korea! Anyway, that was a nice trip, and we ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant whose staff was Phillipino, Korean and Ghanaian.

Today Soohan and I are going to go to Homeplus (a department store) and eat the free samples. Then we'll go to E-mart and eat the free samples. Then we'll go to Paris Baguette, Village du pain, and Emma and eat the free samples. The shining lives of overseas teachers!

Anyway, I am getting really excited for Melissa's visit which is happening in less than 3 weeks! (19 days). That's going to be so fun! I have her itinerary all set up and I think it will be a GREAT success (Borat moment).

Right now I'm just drinking my coffee and getting ready for a lazy Sunday. The evenings have been getting cool here now. Of course, cool to me means like 20 degrees compared to the oven I've lived in since May. Anyway, it's nice. We got paid on Thurdsay which, as always, was magical. I bought a dress shirt and a sweater, both of which I wore yesterday because I wanted to wear my new clothes. I was a little hot all day, but I think I looked nice.

Yesterday night I had a bunch of people over (Antoinette [she's leaving really soon], Eon [New Zealand], Howon [the Korean friend], Soohan [new co-worker from New York] and for a little bit, Howon's girlfriend [who I still don't know the name of]). We played chess, then pictionary. Then we had the great idea of playing "Actionary" which consisted of acting out the words on the pictionary cards rather than drawing them. It was HILARIOUS. The funniest was when Soohan was holding the margarine from my fridge, and mimicking a bird flying. I guessed a bunch of things, worked my way to 'margarine fly', and about 30 seconds later finally reached the conclusion that it was 'butterfly'. I couldn't get past margarine fly for a while though, and everyone was like yelling "It's so obvious!!" We had a really long laugh after that one.

Anyway, I'm going to go now, I have 10 minutes before our 'Sunday Soirée of Scrumptious Samples' begins. Have a smashing Sunday, and I'll leave you with some almighty alluring alliterations. Bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment