Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance day pt. 2


Some quotes I found that apply to how I feel today:

"The patriot's blood is the seed of freedom's tree". ~ Thomas Campbell

"For love of country, they accepted death". ~ James A.

"The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example". ~Benjamin Disraeli

and finally,

We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them. ~Francis A. Walker

I am so happy to see the many acknowledgements on facebook from my friends about remembrance day. There are at least 100 people who I know that have put their status as quotes from the Flanders Fields poem, or quotes such as "Lest we forget" or "I remember". It's absolutely wonderful.

Today I taught all of my classes the significance of this day in Canada, and I was very happy to know that one of my students had already learned about it from a different foreign teacher. It's just great to know that other Canadian foreigners are proud to recognize the day away from home.

Canada is my home - I am proud to say that - and I am proud for the people, alive or passed, who gave me the freedom to say it.

From sea to sea... CANADA ROCKS. That's the bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment